"Go for Groceries" Program
Intent Behind "Go For Groceries”
In the spirit of "flattening the curve” during the COVID – 19 Pandemic, preventative strategies such as self isolating and social distancing by minimizing personal contact with individuals are being recommended by Canada’s Chief Medical Officer to assist in preventing and reducing the spread of the virus.
Cypress County recognizes that there may be County residents who may not have the support of other family members or neighbours to pick up groceries on their behalf.
Therefore, Cypress County is prepared to provide assistance, while the COVID – 19 Pandemic threat exists, by picking up and delivering groceries (ordered online and paid for by the resident) to County residents through the "Go For Groceries” Program.
How "Go For Groceries” Works
Step 1: Register online (form is below) with Cypress County or phone the County office at (403)526-2888.
Step 2: County Administration will contact the resident to discuss/clarify if the resident is able to place and purchase their grocery order over the internet with a grocery retailer.
Step 3: Sign up with an online grocery retailer if you are not already registered with one. Examples: Real Canadian Superstore, Save On Foods
Step 4: Shop online, place your order, pick a collection slot between 8:30am-3:30pm, Monday - Friday (this must be at least 24hrs in advance), and pay for your order. Please be aware that once you place your order with the grocery retailer an available pick up time could be a week out as this service is being heavily used, so plan ahead!
Step 5: Email the County your order details (including order number, store, collection time, and date) as soon as the order is placed.
Step 6: Cypress County staff will pick up and deliver the grocery order to the County resident’s home within the same day and during regular Cypress County work hours and business days.
"Go For Groceries” Limitations
- Grocery delivery is limited to only those grocery retailers that provide online shopping, ordering, and purchases.
- This is a collection and delivery service only. Cypress County staff will not provide a shopping service, nor will Cypress County pay for the order on behalf of the County resident.
- Grocery deliveries will be made within the regular Cypress County working hours of 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday. Grocery deliveries will not occur after 4:30pm on weekdays, nor on Saturdays and/or Sundays.
- All grocery order notifications for pickup and delivery need to be provided to Cypress County 24 hours in advance of collection time, or if collection is required on Monday the County must be notified by the end of day on the Friday prior.
- Only Cypress County staff members will be participating and providing the grocery delivery service in the "Go For Groceries” program.
- Cypress County is not responsible for the picking or packing of the groceries therefore cannot be held accountable for any missing or damaged items.
Cypress County’s Privacy Provisions
Personal information being collected is for the sole purposes of administering and the delivery of groceries and goods through the Grocery Delivery Program "Go For Groceries” under the authority of Section 33(c) of the Freedom Of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act and will be managed in accordance with the privacy provisions under the FOIP Act. If you have any questions about the collection of this information, please contact Cypress County’s FOIP Coordinator, at 816 – 2nd Avenue, Dunmore, Alberta, T1B 0K3, or by telephone at 403-526-2888.
For More Information
For more information, you may email Cypress County at email@example.com
and an Administrative representative will contact you within 24-48 hours.